Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

A rolling stone gathers no moss...

School library is a K-12 certification, in the 8 years I've been teaching I've only ever worked with elementary school.  Well, beginning next school year that is going to change.  I've moving schools and will be the new media coordinator (teacher librarian...whatever you call it) at South Davidson Middle AND High School.

This is totally new territory for me but I am excited about the change and eager to flex my library muscles and see what I'm made of.  This new opportunity is 2 schools sharing one library, but there are only about 750 students total in both schools.  It's rural and high poverty, but there are not one but TWO full times staffs for the media center (1 tech and 1 media assistant for each school)....the largest media/tech staff in the county.

So...change is good.  But often bittersweet.  You see, I will be leaving my friends...

LOVE me some Penny and Karen!  


I had no intention of leaving after only 2 years, but the opportunity presented itself and I couldn't pass it up.  The outgoing MC is retiring after 29 years and decided I couldn't wait another 29.  PLUS it's only one mile from my house.  This is a community in which I've lived for 9 years, and after the tens of thousands of miles I've commuted to work since moving to NC, this will be a nice change.  

So, sad to leave elementary and the little ones but eager to spread my wings.  On that note, I leave you with this...



1 comment: